How Increasing Retention Can Take Your Business to New Heights with Ethical Scaling’s Ben McLellan
To chat with Gray and have ZenPilot lead your team through the last project management implementation you'll ever need, schedule a quick call here.
Ben McLellan is the founder of Ethical Scaling. A consulting company focused on helping businesses scale faster and sustainably by retaining their clients longer. Ben got his start running a six-figure personal training company.
At the time, Ben had a dozen clients that had been with him for over a decade, and this would be the exact retention experience he needed when he started his own online agency. He would also go on to work with Traffic and Funnels as a client success director that, moved over 1,000 customers through their process.
Ben never claimed to be an expert at getting customers in the door, but he was one of the best when it came to keeping them from walking out.
Topics discussed in the episode:
- Training Clients to Make Your Process Work For Them
- The Relationship Between Higher Retention Rates and Business Growth
- Choosing Which Clients to Serve Long-Term Based on Initial Results
- How Long Should Your Client Agreements Be
- The Disconnect Between What Agencies Think is Valuable vs. What Clients Care About
- Relationship vs. Results: What Matters Most For Client Retention
- Three Reasons Agencies Lose Clients
- Different Client Archetypes and How to Adapt to Them
- How to Overcome Dopamine Dumps/Hedonic Adaptation in Clients to Prevent Churn
- Slowing Down and Understanding What Your Client Cares About
- Training Team Members to Handle Different Types of Clients
- How to Re-Assess Client Expectations Regularly
- Selling Clients What They Want Then Giving Them What They Need
- Relationship Building w/Slides, Humor, and A-Typical Conversations
- What’s a Healthy Client Churn Rate For Agencies
Presenting Sponsor: TextExpander
Do you ever type the same thing over and over and over again? Whether it’s customer support answers, sales emails, or document edits, typing things repetitively or using copy and paste can be a burden. That’s where TextExpander comes in. With TextExpander, you and your team can:
- Keep your message consistent
- Save time and be more productive
- Be accurate, every time
The way we work is changing rapidly. Make work happen wherever you are by saying more in less time and with less effort using TextExpander. Get 20% from ZenPilot with this link.