5. Culture of Continuous Improvement
What do you do when you’re writing a blog post or hosting a webinar then realize that the process could be improved?
Should you make a note for later or fix the process immediately?
There’s no universal “right or wrong answer” as long as it gets done in the long run. Still, it’s critical that your whole team shares the mindset, responsibility, and privilege of continuous improvement.
The tools we use and the efficacy of today’s marketing tactics will change as frequently as search engine algorithms. So the way to scale your agency is to constantly look for ways to improve and take advantage of the changes.
Determine what method of continuous improvement works best for your team and make sure that’s a shared expectation by all team members and everyone is held accountable to that standard.
Tip: have daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly check-ins to keep your team accountable.
Accelerating Your Agency Growth
You stuck with me to the end of this article, and I want to help you systematize and grow your agency. I already showed you our process boilerplate earlier in this article, and I’ve mentioned our work with agencies and ClickUp before.
I haven’t shared yet that our agency customers get pre-loaded, proven templates for processes you need and training on how to run client campaigns, deliver consistent results, sell, build, and deliver marketing game plans for your customers and much more.
If you’d like to learn more about how we help agencies deliver client results at scale, check out our programs or chat directly with us on this page!
See How Others Are Leveraging Agency Processes
Still not sure if documenting your agency’s processes is really that important?
I get it, I’ve been there. However, it wasn’t until we felt enough pain and really committed to overcoming that pain at GuavaBox that things started to take off. The GuavaBox narrative alone might not be enough to convince you, so I want to share other examples.
These are successful agencies that have taken their business to the next level through the use of documented processes. We’ve been fortunate enough to hear these success stories on the Agency Journey podcast:
- Amber Mackay’s client success processes nurtured the account managers at FINALLY Agency to some of the best in the UK.
- Josh Elkin’s operational processes turned Linkflow into a thriving linkbuilding service that expanded into SEO and CRO.
- Dr. Jeremy Weisz’s podcasting processes allowed Rise25 to consistently drive inbound leads through referrals.
- Jordan West’s sales and client journey processes turned Mindful Marketing (now upGrowth) into a leading growth and branding agency for ecommerce businesses.
- Chris Dreyer’s growth processes let him build a powerhouse agency doing over $600,000 each month while only servicing 25 clients
- Pete Caputa’s accountability processes helped make Databox the #1 business analytics platform.
- Josh Ames’ web design processes helped Spark Reaction reach HubSpot Platinum in 2 years.
- The inbound selling process that Josh Harcus uses at Huify.
- Elyse Meyer’s 126-point checklist for client on-boarding or Eric Pratt’s first 30-day formula for clients at Revenue River.
- Kuno Creative’s John McTigue on training clients to follow his process.
- Web design processes from a HubSpot Diamond Partner, New Breed.
- Jeff Coon on how his agency produces great content from client interviews.
- Building an agency operating system where Marisa Smith talks about the EOS.
- How IMPACT Branding & Design on-boards new employees.
- Hiring an inbound sales rep with John Shea.
That list could go on ad nauseam, but you get the idea.
All of these top-tier agencies have amazing stories of how they leverage processes for client success and agency growth. Learn from their example and get serious about systematizing your business today!