How Pilothouse Scaled to 170+ Employees in Under 3 Years with Andrew Stern
Gray MacKenzie is a dad of 4 and a true operations nerd who has spent the past decade helping agencies build more productive, profitable, and healthy teams.
Andrew Stern, Partner and COO at Pilothouse, a full-service digital marketing agency that helps DTC brands scale through performance marketing.
Andrew shares insights into Pilothouse's unique partnership model with clients, how they've scaled to over 170 employees in just a few years, and the key sales and marketing strategies that have fueled their growth.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to Focus on true alignment of incentives between the agency, clients, and internal team.
- How Pilothouse Brings clients into the process as true partners with transparent and ongoing communication.
- Why implementing frameworks like EOS to improve processes but adapt them to suit your unique culture and goals.
- How to build authority and generate new opportunities through content like newsletters, podcasts, and thought leadership.
- How to empower your teams, streamline work with the right tools, and continually look for new tools that can help improve productivity and collaboration.
- Key lessons and insights for building a high-growth agency.
- Why referrals and word-of-mouth were key for early growth.
Presenting Sponsor: ZenPilot
ZenPilot helps agencies build more productive, profitable, and healthy teams by streamlining their operations in ClickUp.
As ClickUp’s largest and highest-rated Solutions Partner, we’ve served over 2,700 agencies and would love to help you scale operations.
Learn more about our agency solutions.
Resources mentioned in this episode: