Selling Inbound Services as an Agency
Selling marketing services is no different than selling any other product or service. There will always be questions, and you will always receive objections. Risk is a real concern when investing in a service like inbound marketing.
The key is being able to address the objections you receive quickly and effectively. Doubt and confusion. These are two of the most powerful emotions that keep qualified prospects from moving forward.
Patterns and Solutions
When I first started selling inbound marketing services at our agency, I began to hear common objections. What did I do? I wrote them down. Not only did I write the objections down, I wrote down the ways to address them.
I also Googled like crazy. Hoping that others were overcoming these same objections. Surely, I wasn't the only one facing these objections and questions, right?
No luck. I couldn't find straight-forward answers around these objections.
The Answers You've Been Looking For
Here I am, approximately six months later, hoping to help other agency owners or sales people avoid the same struggles that I faced.
For season two of Inbound Sales Journey, Gray and I will be focusing on helping you overcome these objections.
Below, we have laid out 12 of the most common objections we have heard when selling inbound services. Each week we will be releasing a new podcast episode and blog post recap focused around one of the objections on the list and how to combat that specific objection.
Once the post recap and podcast episode go live, we will update this post with a direct link to each episode. This post will function as a directory for all of your objection overcoming needs.
The Top 12 Most Common Objections Heard When Selling Inbound Services
- How do I know that inbound is worth the investment for our company?
- How do I know your agency the best agency to work with my company?
- What do I actually get for that price tag? (You're too expensive).
- We have the internal resources to do inbound marketing in-house.
- How long will it take to start seeing results?
- PPC will get me results faster, why not just use that?
- Do you guarantee results?
- Why should we use HubSpot?
- My team doesn’t have enough resources/the time for this.
- Our executive team is skeptical and I am not sure how to make them understand the value.
- How do you measure/prove ROI?
- Inbound won’t work for my company/industry.
Can You Relate?
Any of these listed above sound familiar? Good, then we should have some great episodes coming up for you!
Hearing some other objections frequently? Feel free to share them in the comment section below.